Thursday, November 08, 2007

November 08, 2007

Wow! Its been a long time since I have posted anything here. Sorry. Hehe.

Finally, I was able to take a breather from school, even if its only for a few days. My supposed 3-day Finals Week, turned out to be a Week-Long hell of reviewing, endless reading & lots of papers to write. I also had to move back home since I'd get sick a lot the last few months. It would've been nice to be home, if not for all the temptations at home (and all the nagging!).

Nothing much has happened since the First Semester ended. The only highlight of my vacation was All Soul's Day... and it was a disaster! Well, not a total disaster, really, but it was not a very good experience.

First, I had to wake up early to take a bath and get ready. Then, I hadn't had anything good to eat before we left (which makes anyone quite grumpy!). Shortly after getting on the Expressway, the most horrible thing happened... There was a very disturbing sound emanating from our car's engine, everytime my Dad pressed on the Accelerator pedal, which got worse and worse after every 10 meters!

So we decided to get off on the next exit to find a mechanic. After finding a mechanic, who was open on a Holiday, we were a bit relieved. However, this relief would only last a few minutes. After 30 minutes of looking for the possible problem with our car's engine, the mechanic advised that it may take longer. And since we had to get to Malolos by Lunch to get together with our relatives from the US, my Mom, sister & cousin had to commute all the way from Meycauayan. Well, since we were already 2/3s of the way, it was okay. We left my Dad with the car and just brought our bare essentials with us.

The commute to Malolos was fine. We were able to take an airconditioned van to Malolos. We were able to arrive safely to my cousin's new restaurant where we met up with our relatives from Cali. We had a blast, coz the food was really great, and my Aunt was showing off the pictures of my new Nephew, Zion.

After Lunch, we broke off to go to the Cemetery to pay our respects to my Grandparents & Great-Grandparents. I think it was a great idea that we went to the cemetery the day after All Saint's Day, since it would be less congested. True enough, there were hardly any living people in the Cemetery. We were able to pray quietly & pay our respects, without all the chaos and commotion.

We also went to Atlag, where our Great-Grandparents' property was. We picked up another cousin and collected the rent from one of the tenants. We were able to go around Malolos, with the help of my Cousin's car. Thank goodness they were gracious enough to drive us around!

On the way home, we took another airconditioned van all the way to Quezon City where we rode the MRT to Makati. When we got to our Stop in Makati, we had to board a hellish bus, which had me, literally, hang on for dear life!!! This devil bus scared the bejeezuz out of me! I swear! By the time we got home, we smelled like traffic & pollution, but I was too tired to even think about it. I took a quick shower & dozed off.

Anyway, I have to run... I need to buy some charcoal so that we can cook dinner... Our gas ran out! Hahaha! Update you guys more later! Take care!

No comments: