Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Dimsum Crazy!!!

I must admit... I am Dimsum Crazy.

I've loved dimsum, since I could remember. I remember having Sunday Dinners at Maxim's Tea House in T.M. Kalaw and Roxas Boulevard (right across from the US Embassy) when I was a little kid. We'd order different types of dimsum, which would serve as our dinner. Our parents would order their own food, while we feast on Pork Siomai, Shrimp Dumplings and Beef Siomai.

As I grew older, I discovered other types of dimsum that caught my palate's fancy.

My first dibs on another form of dimsum, away from my usual Maxim's Siomai, were Mr. & Mrs. Teo's Boiled Dumplings and Kuchay Pie from my High School Cafeteria. They became my staple food in High School (since I was saving my absurdly small allowance). Though they came cheap, they were really good! Yum!

Then, I discovered Gloria Maris... Probably the Best Dimsum I have ever had! They had those rolling dimsum carts that go around the tables. I'd grab whatever caught my fancy. And their Shrimp Dumplings (Hakaw)?!? WOW! Just the thought makes my mouth water...

Then, my equal fascination with Japanese Food lead me to discover Gyoza, which, right now, makes me realize something... It tastes just like Potstickers!!! But, anyway...

When I went to the States, for a brief vacation, my cousins taught me the art of eating Potstickers! We'd buy frozen Potstickers from Costco and boil them. Mmmm... Good with soy sauce... And Chili... And Lime! Mmmm...!!!

Since I got back to the Philippines, I haven't had Potstickers. I've been looking high and low for frozen Potstickers, and couldn't find them! Then, one night, while contemplating on where to order food for delivery (it was a holiday, so almost everyone's closed), I chanced upon North Park Noodle House. I requested for a copy of their Menu via fax, then... Lo and behold! The most beautiful words popped on their Appetizer Menu... POTSTICKERS!

And I had a choice between Steamed and Fried! Being the steamed dimsum freak that I was, I ordered 6 pieces of Potstickers (along with some steamed rice and North Park's Aniseed Beef Tendon Stew).

When my meal came, I just couldn't control myself... It was love at first bite! I couldn't get enough of my Potstickers! I ended up completely ignoring the rice and Beef Stew! Lol!

Though it kinda hurts my pockets to buy from North Park, I just couldn't help myself. I'd order my Potstickers. Just this afternoon, I shared some with my Sister. We had a North Park Lunch at home.

Now... How can I make myself some??? Hmmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
You favorite original homemade Kuchay pies and dumplings of Mister Teo(sold at DLSZ school canteen) is now available, please visit website: http//misterteofood.googlepages.com/home for more information and orders.

Best regaards,