Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Back In The Workforce

Yes, folks! I am back in the fold!

I am now with HSBC Electronic Data Processing Philippines! I'm actually on the 2nd week of Core Training and we'll be graduating from Core on Friday. Next week, it'll be all Processing! Oooohhhh!!!

I'm with the US Credit Card Fraud Process, and it really scares me a lot. But, then again, I am enjoying the company of my newfound friends.

Imagine that! Only 2 weeks in, and I already have a clique! Our clique is actually the most controversial one in our Tranche (Batch, in other words). Some think our group is obnoxious, loud and bratty. Well... It's not that far from the truth. Hahaha!

Just kidding, of course. I think we're just severely misunderstood. (So, what else is new, Elaine?!?)

Our group is composed by 3 Guys and 5 Girls. The main man, Boogie, was a former DJ and is the life of our group. He's a little hard at hearing (intentionally, I suppose), and is quite boisterous (which we ALL love about him). Carlo, or Conty, is the youngest in the group (though it's not very evident!). He's a funny dude, but is a bit more reserved than Boogie-Man is. The last man standing would be Eugene (or Enyong! Hahaha!). He comes from one of the Philippines' Main Political Clans. He's a crazy dude, that Eugene guy! He'd be very quiet, but when he butts in... Classic!!!

Besides myself, our group has 4 other girls. Anne is the main gal. She's got a lot of stories and a lot of experience to share. She's quite the female version of Boogie. Then, there's our resident foreigner, Rachael. Well, Raych isn't actually a foreigner. She's half-German and half-Filipino. She was born elsewhere, but grew up here. She's every bit Filipino, and is quite reserved (well, at least not with us!). We also have our Soon-To-Be-Lawyer, Camille. Now, she's the smart and silent girl! She kept to herself most of these 2 weeks. She only started to hang out with us in the latter part of last week. And... Our baby... Kari. She's the cutest, most naive girl I've ever known in my life! She's such a sweetheart, and that's why we're overly protective of her.

I'm sooo enjoying my time here so far. I love the way we've bonded over the greenest of things, and over the "Cancer Breaks." Even if Boogie and I are the only ones who don't smoke, we enjoy the chit-chats over smokes.

Well, hopefully our friendship will endure, though it seems like Kari and Camille would be leaving us soon. Here's to a few weeks more in Training together!

Wieners!!!

2 comments:

tin-tin said...

welcome back! credit card fraud?" are you not in the same department with paw tayag?

Elaine said...

I didn't know Kuya Pao was in HDPP too. I saw Nikki Nanquil there, though.