Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Philippine Government Service

Please indulge me for ranting at this time. I just had the most "haaaarrrible" day today (March 8)!

Here's what happened. I had to finalize some requirements for work today, so as not to delay my 1st Paycheck (woohoo!). The last requirement I had to acquire was the Social Secuity ID, which, after 3 years, I haven't had the chance to get.

Last week, after fixing the Police Report for my car, my Dad and I drove to the Social Security Systems (SSS) Office in Alabang, which, to our dismay was closed for a City Holiday. So I just decided to go back there after a few days.

Last Friday, I decided to try my luck. Even though I hardly had any sleep, I went to their office to find an exhaustingly looooong line queueing. Before I had to spend a minute in that friggin' line, I asked the guard where I should go to get the Social Security ID. To my utter amazement, the arrogant guards, who must've thought they're Mr. Powerful, told me, in a rather "Are You Dumb" tone, that their ID Systems were down.

So, being the more mature (and financially abled) one, I took it in stride. As a follow-up, I asked if they knew when the ID System in their office would be fixed. With eyes almost rolling, he answered that he doesn't know! His attitude and demeanor was actually very much like those stereotypical "Mean Girls" and "Jocks" you'd meet in High School. Unfortunately, he's supposed to help you out.

Anyway, I decided to try out the other SSS Offices near our home. The nearest one (after Alabang) would be in Baclaran. So there I went, braving the traffic going to Baclaran (which perpetually suffers from intense traffic), only to find out that I did not reach the friggin' cut off time! Aaaaarrrgggghhhh!

Since I really want my requirements to be done and over with, I forced myself to go back to Baclaran, for one last hurrah! They open at 8:00AM, so I decided to stay in the office until 7:00AM (I get off at 5:30AM) and wait for the time to fly.

I got to Baclaran at exactly 8:15AM, and the queue for the Information counter extended all the way to the building's facade! I had to wait for an hour just to get a form for the SS ID. Then, I had to go through another queue for the verification of my SSS Contributions and eligibility. That line cost me a good hour and a half. And the last line, the one for the Data Capturing and ID Photos, took another friggin' hour and a half! Aaaaaarrrrgggghhh!!!

I wouldn't mind, really, if only the SSS Employees were courteous and accommodating enough. But NOOOOO... They were snobby, snooty, disrespectful, discourteous, and rude. I really pity those old pensioners who braved the lines with me, only to get dissed by those people. No respect, really.

It's sad, but unfortunately, that is the reality of the Philippine Government Service here. It does not only happen in the SSS, but in ALL... I repeat, ALL, Government Agencies here. Darn them all!

I can't really wait for the chance when I can get away from this hellhole and all the bureaucratic crap they have!!! Forgive me, but its true. So sue me!

3 comments:

tin-tin said...

elaine, sorry. but that's not true with ALL the government agencies.

Elaine said...

Oh! Sorry... I forgot you work for the government now! Hehehe!

duke said...

hay naku elaine.

I have had some of my share with govt agencies as well.. It never stops!