Saturday, September 27, 2008

September 27, 2008

I am sooo good!!! I am sooo damn good!!!

What can I say?!? After staying up until 4:00AM trying to figure out how to make this darn wireless router work... We're now a Wi-Fi Hotspot!!!

After what seemed like ages that we were disconnected with the entire WWW, we finally got reconnected through Globe Broadband. The tech people from Globelines came over yesterday afternoon and installed our new DSL Connection. Because I was just sooo happy we're connected again, I forgot to ask the Tech People about how to go about connecting the Modem to the Wireless Router. But, then again, they said the connection was Plug-and-Play, so I just dismissed it.

Anyhoots, I tried to connect the Modem to the Router, just like we used to when we had our old ISP, but I wasn't able to connect to the 'Net. Hmmm... I sent an SMS to my brother so he can configure this darn thing. When he came home, we were stumped coz we couldn't get the darn thing to work. He finally gave up after about an hour, and I tried to fix it using my Dad's laptop... As a last ditch effort (it was already 3:30AM!!!), I called up Globelines Tech Support for some help, but since I can connect to the 'Net directly from the Modem cable, they said it might be a problem with the Router.

Since D-Link doesn't have Tech Support in the Philippines, I had to shoot an email to Singapore with our Router problem. After sending the email, I just had to give up. My shoulders were already killing me, and telling me to lie down.

Fast forward to about 9:30PM today. I finally opened my email to find a response from the D-Link Tech Support with instructions on how I can troubleshoot the Router. I called Globelines again to ask whether they use PPPoE (don't ask me what that means, I don't know either!), Static IP (again...???) or Dynamic IP (duh!). After I got my info, I tried it and... VOILA!!! We're WIRELESS!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Now... If I can only make this darn PC to work faster...

2 comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Elaine,
May I invite you to please join Filipinos Unite!!!. You may do so by commenting on my blog stating your name, address, name of blog and its url or by sending an email to melalarilla@gmail.com containing the same set of information. Thank you very much. God bless.

parvina said...

Your article is very helpful. you can visit my website.
free currency converter app