Monday, September 08, 2008

September 9, 2008

Tomorrow is my Birthday. The day I hit the big 2-9. I should be happy, nay ecstatic, but why is it that I feel positively bummed out?!? It's not the age thing, or my love life (or lack thereof). I just don't feel... Happy.

It has been that way for a couple of years now. If you guys back track on my past birthday blogs, I'm always bummed out on my birthday for some odd reason. I now have a name for it. I call it my "Birthday Blues." I don't exactly know why, but maybe its because I feel that the previous year has been wasted on nothingness, or that I fear that my new year would be just as bad, or even worse.

Another thing that pesters me is that I feel very out of touch with my friends. Since we all have different lives now, I find it scary that I may find myself alone on my Birthday. Yes, text messaging, Friendster messages & comments, and even Facebook or Multiply Guestbook messages may come, but a hug still beats all of that Technology Crap.

I also feel quite deprived nowadays, which may be the added stress to my "Birthday Blues" episode this year. I am definitely not the materialistic type, and I generally depend on the good graces of other people for my new clothes (my brother just bought me a new H&M shirt from his recent trip to Macau), School & Duty Stuff (hand-me-down books & Stethoscope from my Sister, an old Sphygmomanometer from my Mom), School Bags (from my siblings), and allowance (from my Aunt in the US & my parents). I don't have a swanky laptop, or iPod, or even a Digital Camera. I just make do with my trusty Sony Ericsson K610i, which my brother got as a free gift from Globe, and our very old (and very slooooowww...) Desktop Computer without Internet (which is, unfortunately, busted at the moment). I am not complaining, nor am I planning on doing so... Its just that, sometimes, I really, desperately want to have one, or some of those "luxuries" just to make my life a bit more interesting.

But right now, I'm settling for an enrollment in the Applied Medical Sciences Program of Power Memory so that I can remember everything I learned much easier. I told my Mom that it is my ONLY wish for my Birthday. I'm even bargaining with her about me paying half of it, and the rest will be her Birthday & Christmas gift for me. I just hope she'll give in.

I really cannot wait to graduate and pass the Nursing Board Exams so that I can start working & earning for myself again. This time around, I have a well-laid plan for my earnings. Just one more year, Elaine... Just one more year...

No comments: