Sunday, June 20, 2004

Jude Matthew Madriaga

Yesterday, June 19, 2004, my cousin gave birth to a 7 pound 11 ounce baby boy who they named Jude Matthew Corpin-Madriaga. He's the long-awaited baby in the family (after my cousin Izabella was born in 1998). The first great-grandchild of my Paternal grandparents.

I was not surprised by his birth since I dreamt of his arrival just 2 days before. In my dream, Ate Mhin (my cousin) gave birth to a very healthy baby boy with a head full of hair, beautiful round eyes and a cheery disposition. When I woke up, I immediately asked my cousin if she already gave birth and told her about my dream. She wished my dream would come true since they were praying for a boy for their first-born. And true enough, they have an adorable baby boy!

The birth of Matthew was not easy for both Matthew and Ate Mhin, though. Matthew's umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck, which prompted the doctors to perform a C-Section on my cousin. It is said that babies born with their umbilical cords around their necks are intelligent and extremely lucky. I hope it's true!

Another cousin (Ate Mhin's brother) sent us a Multimedia Message with a picture of Baby Matthew. He's such a looker! Very much like the baby in my dream. I am looking forward to seeing this little bundle of joy. However, they are staying in La Union (a province in the Northern Luzon) right now, and it will take us around 5 hours to get there.

I know he's going to be a very pampered baby since all of his aunts and uncles just could not wait to dote on him! I hope he grows up a well-mannered, God-fearing and cheerful man.

Hmmm... When would I have a baby of my own?!? Hahaha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O my elaine! after 7 years ngayon ko lang nabasa ito,not on purpose pa ha. matt googled his name in the internet and this blog of yours popped out. he was so psyched about it and was so excited so he called for me and lo and behold...thanks.. i hope you wont stop making blogs like this kasi it brings back memories. alam mo nmn ang ate mo bata pa lang may amnesia na c",) would love to see what other blogs you have and will make in the future...keep it up..miss you all..