Monday, June 28, 2004

Reminiscing...

I HATE Reminiscing.

Don't get me wrong, I am a very sentimental person. You'll know by the junk I have at home! Hehehe!

Kidding aside, I AM Sentimental. The thing is, I hate it when I reminisce the days of old.

Why? Because it makes me so sad to think that most of the people I cherished those moments with, are gone. No, they're not DEAD! They just lead different lives now. So different, we don't even get to talk much when we bump into each other. There is just NOTHING in common anymore. And it SUCKS!

I don't think I have changed much. I still enjoy what I have enjoyed in the last 10 years of my life. (Which makes my psychological age, 14 years old). I like watching light-hearted and mainstream movies, Pop/Alternative music, giggling, small chit-chats... Juvenile, I know. I also enjoy just bumming at home, sleeping and watching the tube.

I guess the only thing that changed in me is my desire to be in a more serene, calm, quiet environment. That is the only thing that matured in my personality, among other things.

Most of my "old friends" are either in their final years of Medical School, doing their Residency, working in some uptight office somewhere, having babies or have different friends altogether.

Time is also a factor which separates me from my "old friends." They don't have time, and I have lots of it. It's either that or their schedules don't jive with mine. I would gladly give my time to them, though, if they did the same for me. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

In short, our PRIORITIES have changed a lot. I still have them on my priority list, however, it seems that I have disappeared from theirs. To think I used to consider them as my BEST Friends or my Closest Friends. And that bit is what HURTS the most.

That's why I live my life one day at a time. I keep myself from getting attached to people, in fears of having to suffer the same consequences of my "previous life." I guess the ONLY friend you can ever rely on in your life is YOURSELF. At least, when you look back and reminisce on your times with yourself, you don't get disappointed that you lost that person in one way or another.

This does not mean that I'd throw away all those friendships that I have previously formed. That is not the case. I just think I was the one trashed.

Here's to finding the Diamond in the Rough...

No comments: