Friday, July 02, 2004

On Bacon & Gluttony...

I've been on my Rest Days these past 2 days and the semi-highlight of my "weekend" was food and babysitting.

Ahh, yes... FOOD! Glorious Food! Hot Sausage and Mustard! While we're in the Mood, Cold Jelly and Custard... Wait!!! I'm getting carried away here...

Anyway... On my way home from work last Wednesday morning (June 29), I was famished, not having eaten my dinner and all. Since we were experiencing the last blows of a raging typhoon, I thought it was the perfect weather for some "old fashioned" hot cocoa and some hot pandesal. The perfect breakfast food for an otherwise gloomy and stormy weather. Good thing the bakeshop I buy pandesal from was open early. I bought a couple of freshly baked bread and some milk. Champorado, I thought, would've been more perfect, but then again, I already gave up eating rice (and was too lazy to cook).

When I got home, I proceeded to cook the hot cocoa. Since it was the "old fashioned" one, I had to boil the cocoa and add the milk and sugar ontop of the stove. It was well worth it. I had a great breakfast! Yummy! I also shared it with my dad when he woke up. Unfortunately, my sister had early classes and was already out when I arrived.

I spent most of my Wednesday feeling that I ate a lot! I swear! Gluttony is an ever-present temptation and feeling everytime I go on my Rest Days. Since I don't do much when I'm at home, I just cook up something and eat whatever esculent provision is available. Although I eat moderately in about 1 1/2 times a day, I feel like I've consumed a TON of food, and it sickens me.

Thursday arrived after 14 hours of slumber. You read it accurately... 14 peaceful, accumulated sleeping hours. I felt deprived of sleep the previous day, so I retired to bed early, waking at mid-day. For brunch, I decided to have Bacon and Eggs.

I loved eating Bacon and Eggs. It reminds me of eating at Denny's and IHOP. Whilst cooking the Bacon, the oil that emanated from the Bacon fat splattered onto my right hand. It actually burned 3 spots on the back of my hand. At first, I thought nothing of it, but as I cleaned my hand from the hot oil, I saw 3 separate reddish spots that stung. These reddish spots have since turned into a dark brown color, much like bacon. Now, I think I would rather stick with the other "safer" cold cuts.

Right at this very moment, almost 7 hours after my last meal, I still feel supremely glutted. I can literally feel 5 lbs. adding onto my weight. Hopefully, I am just imagining things.

My life is anticipating normalcy in the next few days, as my new Working Hours are set for the Early Morning and Mid-Afternoon Hours for the month of July. I am looking forward to eating normally, though still in a reasonably moderated fashion.

No comments: