Thursday, July 22, 2004

Easy Vermicelli

About 2 weeks ago, I discovered a new recipe. I learned this recipe in my favorite warehouse club... Price Smart.
 
I was running around Price Smart trying to look after my little cousin, when I saw a free taste booth. Knowing that my cousin loves food, I took her to the booth as we watched the Promo Person prepare a very easy dish. I watched intently, taking mental notes of the cooking process. The simple dish turned out great! We even had seconds!
 
Just this weekend, I tried to cook the same Recipe. I cooked it to suit my taste, and it turned out far better than the one I tried in Price Smart. It was also a hit with my sister. She loved it! It was not dry nor too saucy. It was just right.
 
Now, I decided, since I didn't have much in mind today, I would share this very easy Vermicelli (Sotanghon) Recipe to everyone. It's so easy, you can cook it in less than 20 minutes (excluding the preparation of ingredients).
 
Enjoy!
 
========================================================
 
Easy Vermicelli
 
Ingredients:
Vermicelli Noodles (Sotanghon), soaked in warm water
Carrots, julienned
Baguio Beans, sliced thinly
Cabbage, shredded
Mushrooms, sliced
Sesame Oil (or Butter)
Olive Oil (or any Cooking Oil)
Oyster Sauce
Left-over Shrimp*
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Scrambled Eggs, thinly sliced (Optional)
 
* You may also use Canned Tuna Flakes, Chicken Chunks, Left-over Chicken or Meat as a more Economical Alternative to Shrimp.
 
Procedure:
Cook the Shrimp, Mushrooms, Baguio Beans, Carrots and Cabbage in Olive Oil, making sure that the Carrots are cooked (but not over-cooked). Add salt and pepper according to your taste. Add a teaspoon of Sesame Oil or Butter. Mix well and set aside.
 
Drain the Vermicelli Noodles and place in a wok. Add the Oyster Sauce and toss well until the Oyster Sauce is evenly distributed. Add 1 1/2 teaspoon of Sesame Oil and continue tossing. Mix in the Vegetables and Shrimp.
 
Top with thinly sliced Scrambled Eggs.
 
========================================================
 
Hope you enjoyed the recipe. It's very easy to cook and it smells great too (because of the Sesame Oil). Try it! I swear you won't regret it.
 
More recipes to come, soon!

No comments: