Sunday, July 18, 2004

Sun & Stars

I've never been to a Planetarium.
 
Can you believe it? I'm about 2 months shy of my 25th Birthday and I still have not stepped a foot inside a Planetarium... Ever!
 
I distinctly remember a time when my family was driving by the Rizal Park and I saw the Planetarium. I asked my dad to bring me there, and he said he would. Well, it's been a lifetime (of sorts) since, and I have never even seen the building up close.
 
Most of my friends asked if I'd be willing to take on a stiff neck. Well, I'd be willing to, given that it would truly be an experience. (Not that I'm an Astronomy buff or anything).
 
Living in the City, I have never really learned about the stars, since city lights obscure the night sky. Whenever I watch movies with people looking up at stars, identifying each constellation, etc., I become quite perplexed as to how they manage to identify and find these heavenly bodies.
 
I would really want to be acquainted with the heavens so that I could also navigate around with the stars as my guide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey elaine..did is cheska from softskills..hehe..checked out ur page and its quite cool..dont worry abt not getting to the planetarium..its nothing great..the last time i went there there were cockroaches while looking at he stars..imagine seeing cockroaches in a galaxy? neway. keep in touch.