Sunday, December 11, 2005

Reflections

Just got back from Regine Velasquez's Concert, Reflections, a few hours ago. It was okay. It was one of the few times I had guffawed my arse off! Ai-Ai De Las Alas is really THE BOMB!

I won't say I didn't enjoy it. The music from the '80s was really refreshing. I loved the English songs, since I've grown up hearing them. I did, however, had a ho-hum time during the Filipino Medleys, since I am utterly unfamiliar with them. But, overall, it wasn't bad. Worth the PhP 1,500.00 I shelled out, and then some.

I must admit, I used to be a crazed Regine Velasquez groupie. Yes, my friends, a G-R-O-U-P-I-E. An over-zealous fan. Some of my friends even thought I was obsessed. (Well, they haven't met the RVF! Lol!). I was almost everywhere Regine was. Tapings, shootings, what not.

That was until a year ago. Some things are better left unsaid, but let me just say that it was worth everything I went through. It made me see what other "certified," "zealous," "devoted," and "fervent" fanaticals still refuse to see. They fail, nay, refuse, to realize that Regine Velasquez is just a person... A person, like all of us.

I still admire her tenacity, her drive, her willfulness in her career. She has withstood every single trial in her life, and has taken them in with a grain of salt. She continues to conquer her every endeavor and does not boast about it. Her inner humility is the flicker of light that keeps me in awe of her.

But she is not the only person I admire to have such qualities.

Because of everything that happened to me last year, I was able to see a broader perspective of life. Put focus on my priorities. I was able to develop more as a person.

Steve Green, a Contemporary Christian Artist, who has inspired me and my fellow Youth Ministry members, had a song, which is very appropriate with how I now view all the things, in the past year, that used to burden and hurt me. The song was entitled, The Refiner's Fire, and let me share with you the Chorus of the song that really touched my life.

The Refiner's fire
Has now become my souls desire
Purged and cleansed and purified
That the Lord be glorified
He is consuming my soul
Refining me, making me whole
No matter what I may lose
I choose the Refiner's fire

Maybe you guys are thinking, "What the heck does this have to do with Regine?"

Well folks, let's just say I was burned badly by being myself in the world of fanaticism. That burning, served as my "Refiner's Fire" -- God's Message to me. It made me see everything in a different light, and it gave me the hunger and drive to be a better person... A Better ME, outside of being a Groupie.

Now, I can say that I'm doing a little better at work; Blessed to have beautiful babies (Cousin Izabella, Nephew Matt and Niece Luisa) who I love; At peace with myself; Having personal plans that, with God's help, will soon unfold.

I don't have any regrets at all. I was being myself all the time. But I think, God wants me to be the same person, if not better, to other people. And I know, God will continue to mold and shape me, without removing who I really am.

Because God Loves ME for ME.

No comments: