Monday, July 16, 2007

July 16, 2007

I haven't been to school in 2 and a half days already. Not that I was absent, but because my Sunday class was called off & I was already able to take the long exam that was scheduled for today.

My "weekend" has been boring since it started. But, it started with a bang! Bang, meaning, I banged my toe under my Grandma's Recliner! My toe hurt like heck & started to bleed. I even thought it would die the same way as my other toe did when I rammed it under our very old Fan. Thankfully, it was minor.

All I did these past 2 days were sleep, sleep & sleep. I left most of my books in Manila, so I don't have anything with me today.

I guess the most talked about issue hereabouts is the death of Rod Strunk, the husband of veteran-actress Nida Blanca, who allegedly commited suicide at a Motel in Tracy, CA. There are mixed emotions everywhere: on the Net, on TV, in the streets... Strunk was allegedly the "Mastermind" of Nida Blanca's [still unsolved] murder, so it definitely dug up a lot of negative feedback from the people who were convinced of his guilt.

I think, guilty or not, we shouldn't judge him. It doesn't mean that, since he "committed suicide," he was haunted by Nida Blanca or his conscience. His family thinks his death was accidental & they believe him to the very end. No one knew what happened to him & what happened the night Nida Blanca died. I think, however, the only true justice that Nida Blanca will be able to receive will be the one that the Lord will give her. It's useless to wait for the courts to decide. They do not even have a grain of evidence against anyone. (No wonder I'd rather become anything but a Lawyer).

The Justice system here in the Philippines, very much like the Justice Secretary, is very old & very ineffective. Given the right amount, the Judges can be bribed. If you're poor, you will never find justice. You'll have to settle with Just-Tiis. If you do not have any strong ties with the "Powers That Be," you'll just lose. Everyone is judged by publicity & it works. No wonder our country is going nowhere. And fast.

Anyway, enough of that... It just ruins my day. Haaayyy...

I was reading Smart Parenting today. It was about Pregnancy in different stages of your life (20s, 30s & 40s). It left me a bit concerned, coz I am nearing my 30s (Gack!), and yet, I am still unattached. Not that I'm complaining! It's just that, according to the article, more complications may arise in pregnancies among women in their 30s & 40s. The ratios of genetic & chromosomal abnormalities among infants are getting narrower as the mother's age increases. Scary thought. But then again, if you have trust in God, He will make sure that your child will be healthy. Right? Oh Lord...

Haaayyy... Meaningless babbles... Shows how bored I am, right?!? Hahaha. Blog again later...

No comments: