Monday, July 16, 2007

Things I Want To Do Before I Die (Part One)

Somewhere out there (I forgot where exactly), I read about having goals in life. Not just your typical goals, like to finish school, get a good job, retire by age 30. Nothing like that... More like, the things you want to achieve or do before you die, such as visiting the 8 Wonders of The Ancient World, or something to that effect.

So now, I'm finally doing my own. Maybe I should do a hundred... Hmmm... Let's see if I can finish that in an hour... Hehehe.

  1. Visit Rome and walk around the Piazzas while eating Gelato.
  2. Attend the Love Parade in Berlin.
  3. Eat REAL Authentic Japanese food to my belly's content!
  4. Ride a Gondola in Venice during the Sunset, with the man I love.
  5. Commission the Orange County Choppers to build me a Customized Chopper.
  6. Learn & Master Wakeboarding.
  7. Bungee!
  8. Spend a week in any Aman Resort in Asia.
  9. Visit the Louvre in Paris.
  10. Learn how to Snowboard, and...
  11. Snowboard in Switzerland.
  12. Visit Princess Diana's "island" where she was buried.
  13. Attend the Cannes Film Festival, or the Sundance Film Festival, or any other International Film Festival & watch ALL the Movies being shown.
  14. Go on a Carribean Cruise.
  15. Go on an Asian Cruise.
  16. Go on a Mediterranean Cruise.
  17. Learn how to Surf.
  18. Hear Mass at the Vatican, with the Pope officiating.
  19. Confess to the Pope.
  20. Spend a week in Bora Bora (not Boracay!).
  21. Become a Certified Diver.
  22. Be a Licensed Pilot.
  23. Sleep in the Ice Hotel.
  24. Backpack around Europe, like Samantha Brown (Discovery Travel), and discover the Best little nooks & crannies.
  25. Experience at least 3 Cultures other than the Filipino & American Cultures.
  26. Own a Lambourghini Gallardo, or a Ferrari Spider.
  27. Have a Home Makeover or a Plan made by the Ty Pennington & his crew.
  28. Own a Beach Resort in Hawaii or in the Caribbean.
  29. See the fabulous architectures of Florence.
  30. Visit the Sagrada Familia Church.
  31. Own the latest Hummer.
  32. Own a Boxster, or Carrera S, or BMW Z3, or Corvette.
  33. Buy my Mom a Mercedes Benz.
  34. Build a house on the Beach.
  35. Have an iPhone.
  36. Learn 5 Different Languages.
  37. Eat Red Hot Chili. Just the Pepper.
  38. Wear a Bikini with Pride! Hahahaha!
  39. Eat Authentic Italian Food til my eyes pop out!
  40. Be more tech-savvy.
  41. Organize an En Grande Reunion of ALL the Children, Grandchildren, Great-Grandchildren & Great-Great-Grandchildren of Leonardo & Rosario Vicente.
  42. Adopt at least 2 children (even if I end up Single).
  43. Run at least 15 miles without quitting.
  44. Go camping more often.
  45. Be a Camp Counselor.
  46. Swim 25 laps of Butterfly Stroke non-stop.
  47. Learn how to make my own CSS, HTML, etc.
  48. Join a Reality Show (not those Bachelor types... Blech!).
  49. Go to Mexico with my High School friend, Janet Guinto.
  50. Get my own Starbucks Franchise...

Okay... That's it for now. I think I'm starting to forget all those other things I would like to do before I die. I know that some of the stuff I wrote above seem superficial & materialistic. But if you grew up wanting, you'd understand. Hehehe.

Welps, gotta go... Blog again later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elaine, goals are good and accomplishing them is great!

Serveral years ago there was actually a television program on a cable channel titled something like "100 Things to do in a Life". It was very similiar to your list. After watching it my wife and I made our individual list of 100 things each. When we compared our list we had more than 50% in common. We then merged our list and have been marking them off 1 by 1. I hope you are soon marking yours off 1 by 1.

I do however have a little bad news for you. #50 Starbucks is not a franchise. If you'd like to learn more about franchising you can visit fransynergy.com or their blog at Synergistic Thoughts.

Again best of luck in deleteing and adding to your list!