Sunday, September 09, 2007

September 09, 2007

As promised, I found some time to post a more decent BLOG than the last few ones.

I was really busy with school, studying for the upcoming Midterm Exams. I haven't been home for almost 2 weeks, and I couldn't find time to even visit an Internet Cafe. The only time I am able to rest is when I'm home, reading my notes in bed.

In the past few days, we went back to Marikina to gather some more data for the Culminating Event that we were organizing for the community in October. This time around, it was not as stressful as our last Community Duty.

Classes have been weird these past few weeks due to the Typhoons that came one after another. Now, we don't really have enough information to study for our Midterm Exams. Well, it depends on what subject we're talking about. The subjects that are really relevant in Nursing are the ones that are, thankfully, not affected by the time lost due to the Typhoons.

This past week, I've only had 2 Midterm Exams: Fundamentals of Nursing & Chemistry. Our Health Care 2 & Community Health Nursing Professor decided not to have any Midterm Exams. My Nutrition & Microbiology Midterms will be in the coming weeks. So I still have more studying to do.

Right now, with my Mobile Phone temporarily disconnected, I feel out of touch. Actually, I feel crippled. It's so hard not to have a phone! And to think I am now sporting a new handset! Hehehe! See, my brother, Dave, availed of the Loyalty Rewards we have with Globe Telecoms. He opted for the new handset, while I decided to get the Bill Rebates. But since he's having a hard time learning a Sony Ericsson handset, he decided to give it to me, with the condition that I give him my Nokia 6260, which he would, in turn, trade with a Nokia 6300, along with his other phone. So, I have a new phone!!! Hehehe!

This past week, I also got sick. Actually, I got the colds & fever from my cousin, & roommate, Kristia. She had been sick since Sunday last week, and by Tuesday, I was already sniffing & blowing my nose the entire evening. Wednesday, on the day of my exams, I was already burning up with fever & still blowing my nose off. I forced myself to go to school so that I can attend my exams. It was very distracting, but I managed to finish my exams with ease.

Because of my colds, I also developed a mean cough, which lead to an Asthma attack last night. Up to now, my Chest is heavy & I can't seem to breathe well. I'm just ignoring it right now, but it's sooo hard to sleep at night when I'm having a hard time breathing.

Anyway, I'm not excited about my Birthday tomorrow since I just learned that I am in deep crap! Financially, that is. I learned that my Unbilled Charges for my Mobile Phone is a whopping PhP5000++!!! Whoa! Where in heaven's name am I going to get that much moolah?!? I initially thought it was because of my sister's extended conversation with my favorite cousin in New Zealand, but it was actually because of this Contest from Globe that my Mom encouraged me to join. Darnit! I will never join any SMS Contest ever again!

I also have to think about my Credit Card bills! Haaay! Sometimes, I want to go back to work so that I can pay all my bills & live normally again. It's really so hard to just depend on the very small allowance that I get for school.

Going back to School stuff. I'm going to be a candidate for the 20th Capping Ceremonies on September 18, along with my classmates. It's going to be held at the PICC Plenary Hall. Still, I am not that excited. Again, because of the same reason I stated above.

Anyway, to those who have greeted me in advance, thanks! Sorry if I can't reply to your SMS's yet, but be assured that I have received them.

I have to go. I'm still not feeling well. Maybe next time?!? Hehe.

No comments: