Sunday, April 27, 2008

April 27, 2008

Last night was the first time, in another very looong time, that I went to mass. I had to go with my Mom to Church since we'd be having dinner after. I could've just easily walked to the nearby Jollibee to wait out the Mass, but I found myself walking into the Church and sitting beside my Mom on the pew.

Eventhough the Mass was in Tagalog (which usually & most definitely gets me confused & distracted), I found myself finishing it without much ado. I must admit, though, I was distracted by this very cute baby infront of me. she was just sooo cute! I wanted to squish her! Hehe.

Back to my Church Experience. During Homily, the Priest talked about being alone and being lonely. He said that lot of people nowadays feel lonely or alone at a much younger age than before, causing a lot of lives cut short by suicides, etc. He also said that a lot of men do not want to go into the Priesthood because they think they would be alone -- meaning not having a family of their own, being uprooted from their families & growing old alone. It is not so, according to him. He said that you will never be alone because God is with you all the time. This made me think...

Maybe that is why, even though I am almost always alone, I don't really feel all that sad. In fact, I think clearly alone. I only feel sad when I think of events, people or things that I've lost touch with. I guess I'm just really the loner type. But I feel a sense of calm when I'm alone. i guess it's because God is the one that fills the void that needs to be filled. That is why I rarely feel alone.

So, that was my Church experience. I'm not saying that it will or will not happen again (my going to Church, that is), but I just wanted to share one of the very rare occasions that I felt at ease in Church.

Moral of the story: You are NEVER alone. God is always with us.

No comments: