Friday, August 27, 2004

Happy Birthday, Mr. Songwriter!

I just wanted to give a shout out to one of the Philippines' Premier Singer/Songwriters, Mr. Ogie Alcasid. It's his birthday today!!!

I have not known Kuya Ogie that long, but in the time I've known him, he has been nothing but thoughtful, kind and sweet. He is definitely the Most Humble Celebrity in the Philippines!

I was not a great big fan of his before I met him. But when I saw how unselfish, down-to-earth and gallant he was, I was taken aback. He really was someone worth looking up to. He did not treat me as a fan or as a supporter. He treated me like a true friend. It's very unlike a celebrity of his stature and calibre.

Where in the Philippines would you find a Celebrity of a Superstar Stature who is so humble and accommodating? And I don't mean "accommodating" in a mall-show, autograph-signing, concert, or press-conference setting. He would talk to you in anywhere. Whether he was tired or not, he would still take time out and even share stories with you.

I've had a lot of encounters with the Songwriter, and I cannot recall a single time when he would be cranky, disrespectful, unfriendly or rude. He's such an All-Around Great Guy! And I know that his family, particularly his wife, Michelle, and his kids are extremely blessed and fortunate to have him in their lives.

Right now, all I can hope and pray for for Kuya Ogie is his continued happiness, good health, fortitude, more blessings, love and success. Oh! And a baby boy! He already has 2 future Ms. Australias (or Ms. Philippines), so I guess a third Herminio Alcasid would not hurt!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KUYA OGIE! You are such a Godsend!

No comments: