Friday, August 27, 2004

Happy

One day, you came to me
Freed me from misery
A touch of music in you
You start to feel so happy
Makes me jump up and down
You know my heart skips a beat
Each time that we meet
I am so happy I met you

Happy
I am feeling so happy
I´m gonna be happy
You make me so happy
Can´t you see I´m happy now

--- o O o ---

Those were the First Stanza and Chorus of the Squareheads' song, Happy.

That's exactly how I feel now.

I am contented and happy.

Being happy is a choice I make everyday. I'd rather be happy and carefree than being bogged down by petty things. It's not an easy choice. Sometimes, I have to beat myself up to be happy. But hey! Life seems brighter and more beautiful when you're happy.

Sometimes I wonder why the heck should I be happy?!? Well, there are things in my life that are worth being happy about.

My job is taking turns for the better. I am not getting stressed. I get to learn a lot of things. And... I am doing exceptionally well at work. I even got a couple of Salary Increases in the last month alone! It might not be a glamorous job, like a Marketing or Advertising Executive, or even a Production Designer or Director, but, I am, at least, happily working for one of the biggest Multinational Corporations here in Makati. And my colleagues are like family to me. Everyone is supportive of each other. It's a happy place to be.

My social life is the same. I still enjoy the company of my relatives and some of my friends. I don't just go out on a whim. I stay at home as much as I can. I like spending time in my room, just reading a pocketbook or sleeping. I also cook for my sister. If and when I do go out, I'm usually with cousins, both the very young or those close to my age. I have outgrown the Club scene since my late teenage years to my early 20s.

If there is one thing lacking in my life, it would be a boyfriend. But hey! I am not in a hurry to have one. I am enjoying my Single-Blessedness. No one is jealous of my guy friends. No one checks up on me every hour of the day (except my mom, maybe!). Maybe, if the Lord wills it, I could be even more happier with someone who will rock my world! Hahaha!

But for now, I choose to be happy. I'm gonna be happy.

Can't you see I'm happy now?

No comments: