Saturday, September 04, 2004

Gotta Tell You

Don’t wanna love you, if you don’t love me
Don’t wanna need you when you won't need me, too
Don’t wanna tell you this now
But it wouldn’t be right if I (if I)
Didn’t tell you this tonight

--- o O o ---

I have been sulking the whole time I'm here in the office today. I am so frustrated about being Romantically Challenged, much like yesterday. I was about to doze off, when Samantha Mumba's song, Gotta Tell You, from the year 2000, started playing on my Computer.

The song has been playing on my Computer everyday for the past few weeks, but only had an impact on me now. It gave me a big whack on the face, which, in a way, shook me off the depressive state I was in.

The Chorus (which appears above), made me realize that if somebody is not willing to reciprocate what you are willing to give and sacrifice, you might as well not give it to them. Find someone who will appreciate it better. Someone who will unconditionally recompense you with the same devotion, respect, and passion that you commit to that person.

Do not be a martyr for love.

A lot of people love me for who I am. Sure, they're basically related to me, but, at least, they love me unambiguously. Although brethren love is different from romantic love, it's still one and the same. It's still love.

If that amorous love continues to shy away, move forward and live on. Find another outlet for the pent-up love that was meant to be given to that elusive beau.

But should it come and present itself, be willing to exchange and share who and what you are with that person. In return, know when and what to accept from him. Learn to compromise and communicate. Try to learn from, and with, each other.

Man! I'm learning more about love than what I am experiencing! Love come quickly!!!

1 comment:

boabhan sith said...

Love, trust, and communitcation...the three key elements to any relationship. It's true like the song..."sometimes love just ain't enough."

http://boabhansith.blogspot.com/