Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Great Pretender

In this world filled with people displaying their uniqueness and individuality, one can only adapt and adjust, to maintain the harmonious balance of society.

In my entire lifetime, I have met, mingled and sustained friendships with different kinds of people. People with different backgrounds, beliefs, upbringings and personalities. Some friends of mine even display contrasting character traits from my own. But I was able to accommodate and adjust to their personalites, without sacrificing mine. I, almost always, try to accept people for who they are, regardless of the circumstances they are in.

Generally, I am not a pretentious person. I may be obnoxious, brash and effervescent, but never a hypocrite. I will tell you that I don't like you, if I don't. If I cannot bring myself to verbalize it, I will surely make it known to you. I am transparent that way.

And if there is anything in this world that I just loathe in people, it would, definitely, be Pretention and Deceit.

Don't you just hate it when you encounter people who masquerade themselves as your friends, and just flagrantly backstab you at each and every chance they get? I call these kinds people the Great Pretenders.

These Great Pretenders have polished skills in betrayal and duplicity, and operate discreetly right under your nose. When you're present, it would seem as if nothing was wrong and that everything is going well amongst yourselves. But once you've turned to another direction, all hell breaks lose and you will not know what hit you. Such treachery is just so despicable.

There are a number of Great Pretenders in my life, right now. But I don't mind them. I just let them do what they want. As if I give a damn! Hah!

I do pray for these people, though. I pray that God will show them the same mercy that they have failed to show me. And I also pray that God will not pass judgment on them, the way they did me.

You see? In the face of adversity, I still try to look at the brighter side of life. Besides, however these people malign and discredit me, there would always be people who know me better than these Great Pretenders do.

No comments: