Sunday, September 19, 2004

Ogie Doggie

A Delectable Journey for the Palate... That was what I experienced early this evening.

If you guys have been reading up on my BLOG, I have intimated that I was a gourmand, or a lover of good food. And I love finding new and interesting places and restaurants to eat from. I have, also, previously written about one of the Philippines' Best Singer/Songwriters, Mr. Ogie Alcasid.

So, what does Ogie Alcasid have to do with my love of food?!? Let me resolve that for you...

I love sausages. Not the Canned Vienna Sausages or those Red Commercialized Hotdogs on the Frozen Foods section you find in your local grocery stores (although, I love having them for breakfast!)... Its those big, succulent, gourmet sausages I am talking about! I used to eat a lot of them when I was in the States. I loved those Polish Hotdogs they sold at Costco and in those Hotdog Carts outside the BART Stations. With some Sauerkraut and Mustard... I'm sold!

Unfortunately, those kinds of sausages are fairly rare here in the Philippines. It's either very expensive, or very tiny (one bite is all it takes!).

What a great relief it was when I learned that my favorite Male Artist was opening a Hotdog Stand here in the Metro!

It wasn't your regular run-of-the-mill hotdog stands, commonly found in the Food Courts here. They sell Premium Gourmet Sausages for a very affordable price! And who better to serve you with these mouth-watering frankfurters than Mr. Songwriter himself?!? What more could a Gourmet Sausage Enthusiast, like me, ask for?!? (Well, maybe a song or two?!? With Sauerkraut on the side! Hehehe! Just kidding!)

This latest venture of Ogie Alcasid is aptly named Ogie Doggie. It's located in the newly-opened market-cum-mall at the Bonifacio Global City, Makati called Market! Market! Just a short distance from the C5 Road, it makes Ogie Doggie very accessible to everyone from the Northern and Southern Metro Manila.

His kiosk/stall is strategically located along the walkway between the mall entrance and the parking lot. The kiosk is quite small, and with the massive number of people going to and fro, you just might miss it. But it is still worth the adventure.

I ordered a Hungarian Sausage and a Polish Hotdog, just for kicks. The Hungarian Sausage was spicy enough to give you a tingly sensation in your mouth. It was juicy and very tasty! Yum! And it was filling enough for you to forget about having a midnight snack! (I am still stuffed from that Hungarian Sausage!!!). The Polish Hotdog is yet to be consumed... Hahaha! I am saving it for later!

Only one thing is missing in this flavorsome journey... The Sauerkraut! They did have Pickle Relish and Onions to cover for it, but my tastebuds were craving for the zest and tang of Sauerkraut. Well, as they say, "You can't have Everything!"

So, if you guys (who live here in Manila) are in the vicinity of the Bonifacio Global City, try the different sausages of Ogie Doggie! It's worth your money! (And the Parking is still FREE!).

Congratulations, again, to Kuya Ogie, for a successful venture! May you have more stores to come!

No comments: