Friday, June 24, 2005

Caught In The Korean Wave

In the last few months, I have been engulfed and overwhelmed by the Korean Wave. Those who know me, know that when I am passionate about something, I tend to go all out. And now, my idle time is used for my fascination for anything, and everything Korean.

I have a really long list of favorite Korean Actors and Actresses, who are not even minutely familiar to a great majority of my friends and family. They do not even know what movies or series these Actors and Actresses starred in! They get puzzled and disoriented when I start talking about them! Names like Choi Ji-Woo, Bae Yong-Joon, Park Yong-Ha, Kwon Sang-Woo, Kim Rae-Won, Kim Tae-Hee, Lee Byung-Hun, Song Seung-Hun, Moon Geun-Young, Kim Eugene, Song Hye-Gyo, Kim Seung-Soo, Lee Hyo-Ri, Yoon Jung-Hoon, Han Ji-Hye and Lee Dong-Gun, sounds alien to them... And those are just some of the Biggest Names in the Korean Wave that is currently sweeping across Asia.

The playlist in my computer includes a lot of K-Pop Music and OSTs from my Favorite K-Dramas.

I even learned how to read and write Hanggul (the Korean Alphabet). I know some words as well, mostly from the Korean Learning Websites. The K-Dramas and Movies I watch also help me learn more Korean Words. I am currently looking for a Language School that teaches Korean, so that I could be conversant in Korean.

Hopefully, I don't outgrow my K-Wave Phase, 'coz it really helps me get over the depressing silence I experience on a daily basis.

Hallyu is here to stay!

No comments: