Tuesday, June 28, 2005

FAMAS Night

Last Sunday, June 26, my brother, my parents and I went to the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) to witness the 53rd Filipino Academy Of Movie Arts & Sciences (FAMAS) Awards Night. It's a first for me to be Officially Invited to such big Entertainment Event. Hobnobbing with the stars, dressing up to the nines and enjoying the festivities was marvelous!

The highlight of my evening was chatting away with my good friend, one of the most talented actresses in the Philippine Entertainment Industry, Snooky Serna. Ate Cookie, as I call her, came in half-way through the Awards Ceremony and seated across the aisle from where we were seated. She was wearing a simple, yet beautiful Orange Gown. She presented awards for the Celebrity Clans.

It had been a long time since we last spoke, but it always seems like yesterday. We would always pick up where we dropped off. We've never talked about Showbiz stuff. We always talked about what was going on in our lives (except for the rumours going around about her and her family). It's always so refreshing to talk to her. She's just a sweetheart! She's so thoughtful and very accommodating, unlike most Celebrities nowadays.

We exchanged numbers and promises to see each other again once we have time. She might drop by our house soon to see my Mom for some treatments (my Mom's a Dermatologist). I just hope I can also make time when she swings by.

The FAMAS Night is a memory I would cherish, not because I saw a lot of Celebrities, but because it paved the way for me to see my Ate Cookie again. It's just so nice to see and talk to her again.

No comments: