Monday, September 12, 2005

My Birthday...

It was my birthday last Saturday, September 10, and I really had a blast. It was one of the best birthdays I've had, thus far. Save for some minor irritating events, it was so great!

First, I was able to see and play with my little bundles of joy, Matt and Auie. They're just so special... Awww... I was happy cradling Auie while the whole family was chatting away at the balcony of my Uncle's house. She was so peaceful that it made it a joy just to hold her. She wasn't fussy at all.

Matt was so sweet as well! He just made my day! He was cuddling with everyone and was very entertained by all the airplanes passing overhead. He's such a doll! He also enjoyed giving me butterfly kisses! Sweet! And, what's more heart-warming, was the way he'd kiss his little sister's head when he's near her. Awww...

My birthday lunch was like a feast! I had all my favorite food, thanks to my Uncle and Aunts! They served my Uncle's Paella (my Favorite!), Chicken Balls, Spring Rolls, Clam Soup, Salad, and my other favorite, Dinuguan, which my Aunt commissioned from her neighbor. My Mom and I also ordered some Chicken Cordon Bleu, Meatloaf and Pancit. For dessert, we had Coconut Sherbet, which we also ordered from our favorite caterer. Yum!

When everyone started packing up to go home at around 5:30PM, my brother came and asked me if I had anything planned for the evening. His clients, San Miguel Beer, had an event in Malate and he wanted to see if I'd like to go with him. Of course I wanted to go! It's rare to get into events like that anyways.

So we went home, got dressed and went to Gilligan's Island Grill in Malate, with our cousin, Aissa, in tow.

While at Gilligan's, Aissa and I just sat at the table watching the event start. It was the Enduro San Mig Light Bar Tour. When I looked at the table infront of ours, I noticed this girl. I thought I knew that person from my previous stint at PeopleSupport. She was a close friend, but we lost contact after I left PS. But I had doubts. I didn't want to embarrass myself on my birthday, so I called up my other friend, Karen, to ask for her number. When I got back to our table, the people on the table infront of us were already paying their tab, getting ready to go.

When I got Karen's SMS with our friend's phone number, I called her up immediately, as she and her companions were already walking to their car. I said, "Hey Flora! It's Elaine Corpin! Do you still remember me?" And she says, "Of course! How are you?" I said I was okay. Then, I proceeded to ask her if she was in the Malate area. She said she was, so I told her that I just saw her at Gilligan's and that I was at the table behind theirs! We had a laugh, and she said she'd love to go back , but she's already in the car. A few seconds later, she told me that she was already near the intersection where I was standing! I walked up to her car and we hugged through her window!

It was really nice to see Flora again! It had been a pretty long time since I saw her last. And what a day to see her again, too! On MY Birthday, of all days! WHo would've thought?!? I remember we used to go out for drinks until we got tipsy! Hahaha!

Anyway, my cousin and I were getting pretty bored with the event, so we decided to leave my brother and ask our friend, Patty, out for coffee. We drove from Malate, all the way to Quezon City to pick up Patty. We, then, went to Tomas Morato and settled at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf beside Ratsky's.

It has also been a while since I last saw Patty. We had a blast! We talked about the crazy love life of my cousin, and caught up with each other. We just talked over coffee, tea and chocolates. It was more fun than the time we spent at Gilligan's.

We stayed at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf until about 1:00AM, because Dave, my brother, who joined us after his event in Malate, wanted to go home and take his contacts off already. Since it was already late anyways, we decided to head home.

All in all, I had a great birthday. Except for a few minor problems here and there, it was fantastic! And all these I did with my face peeling all over! Lol!

2 comments:

duke said...

i'm glad you had a good birthday treat! belated happy birthday ! godbless :)

Jillsabs said...

hey there neighbor :)

belated happy birthday!