Friday, September 02, 2005

Keeping Touch

I just got off the phone with my Bespren, Chie. It's been a long time since we last spoke or even heard from each other. The last time I spoke to her was when my Mom was in Reno, with Chie's family. And my Mom's been in the Philippines since November 2004!

Anyway, Chie is the ONLY Best Bud in the Bay Area that I have who is not related to me.

"I Came. We Met. We Conquered."

I think that would best describe the times I spent with her. It was like gaining a sister, the same age as I am. It was so cool. I had a really good time in the US because of her.

When I came back to the Philippines, we kept in touch. Usually sending random Text Messages or Emails, and occasional Phone Calls. But, as the time flew by, and work took more of our time, the communication lines between us gradually dissipated.

Although the communication was all but severed, I knew, deep in my heart, that Chie would always be my Bespren. A person who would always be special to me, and would one day be the Godmother of my children.

I have been mulling about calling her for the past few days, but I was worried that we might not have enough things to talk about. I was also anxious that we might not be on the same page as we were before. I don't really know what happened, but I was, for the lack of better terms, "inspired" to call her.

As soon as I got settled, from an Over-Time at the office, I called her on her mobile. At first, she thought I was someone else, but when I told her who I was, she was surprised. Then, the line got cut. Darnit! Lol! What a way to spoil the shock!

So, I called her back. She asked me where I was and did not believe me when I said that I was still in the Philippines, since the number reflecting on her Caller ID was a US Number. (Thanks to Modern Technology, our family has a Land Line with a Legit US Number, which we could use in making and receiving Unlimited Calls from the US.)

It took some time to convince her that I wasn't in the US, but she gave in. We catched up on the relevant things and such. It was quite a relief that things turned out fine, depite my numerous hesitations. I found that though we may not be in the same page, we were still in the same chapter. With a little more catching up, we can offset the space and be on the same page once more.

Here's where the challenge lies. Although I am the type of person who would be thoughful of the present, I find it hard to keep in touch with the past, particularly with the People from my past. Which now inspires me to write another entry... Maybe later... Lol!

Anyway, I just hope that through this newly rekindled communication, we could bring back all the times we've lost.
___________________________

Hey Chie! I really had a blast talking to you. Salamat talaga! You have no idea how much I've missed you and all those times we spent together in Cali. Hopefully, we could see each other soon, and when that day comes, the World ought to be prepared for us! Right, Nikki Baker?!? Lol!

No comments: