Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Shelf Workout

Last Monday, August 29, I went to Makro in Las Piñas to avail of the Last Day of the Buy One, Take One Promotion on the Bookshelf that my sister and I were eyeing.

We had previously went there to look at the shelves and get some groceries. To my chagrin, Makro (our local Price Club) does not accept Credit Cards. Well, at least NOT the Internationally accepted ones. Ergo, my MasterCard and Visa, were not of any help. Since I had very little cash at that time, we left Makro with only the essential groceries.

On Monday, since it was Makro's Last Day of selling that 5-Tier Bookshelf with 1 Door on a Buy One, Take One Basis, my sister insisted on lending me the money to buy the shelves. So, with only 3 Hours of Sleep to my credit, off I went to Makro.

My trip to Makro was fine, except for the long delay on the attendants' part and the wrestle to fit the shelves into the car.

I, literally, had to open all the doors, fiddle with the seats, wriggle in the confines of our Compact-sized car (Honda City), just to fit the shelves inside. Thank goodness the car parked next to mine left a few seconds before I got to my Parking Spot! I was able to utilize more space to ease my struggle with putting the Sheves into the car. It was like figuring out how to straighten a tightly jumbled and twisted bundle of wires!

And those shelves were not light, too!. Each box weighed about 32 kgs. (I exaggerate not!). Right after I was able to figure out how the Shelves could fit in the car, I was out of breath and sweating like crazy (and it did not help that it was a very hot day!).

When I got home, same thing. I had to maneuver my way about getting those darned boxes out of the car! And, I had to haul those things to my Second Floor Bedroom! Ack!!!

After I was able to bring the still-boxed-up Shelves to my room, I felt like I worked out extra hard! I plopped into my Mom's treatment bed and caught my breath. Good thing my Mom was going to the mall, so I decided that it would be the best way for me to relax.

Yesterday, after work, my sister and I decided to set-up the sheves and fix our room at the same time. We, practically, turned our room up-side down! We were able to dig up stuff that we didn't even know we had!

While we were successful in assembling the shelves ("Good Carpenters, you are!" - Yoda), I was also successful in cutting my hand and gashing my leg! Of course, let us not forget, the inevitable Asthma Attack! That's why I hate cleaning my room and setting up new furniture!

Anyway, my sister and I were able to settle things down at around 6:30PM. Although we haven't finished clearing everything out, we were content (and tired) enough with the outcome. Also, my sister had to scuttle off with my Mom and Brother to the mall.

After almost 24 hours awake, I was finally able to sleep at 7:00PM, after a very refreshing shower, only to wake up 4 Hours later, to get ready for work...

No comments: