Monday, August 22, 2005

3 New Princesses

This past month and a half, 3 Little Princesses were born within weeks of each other. No, they're not from any Royal Family, but they're Princesses in their own right. Of course, these little girls were born to people who are very close to me, that's why I only counted 3. Otherwise, I know there were thousands of other baby girls born within those weeks.

The first little girl was born to my colleague and friend, Ash Cortez. She named her first baby, Thea Juliana. Thea came into the world on July 22 at around 11:07 AM.

Thea can be considered as a Miracle, since Ash was advised previously by her OB-Gyne that it is highly unlikely that she would get pregnant. You see, Ash has a very irregular cycle. We used to tease her about being pregnant, since it would take months at a time before she would get her next period. Well, our teasing turned out to be true before Ash left for Japan (for Greener Pasteurs). But, of course, she did not know it then. When Ash came back, after just 4 months in Japan, she discovered that she was already 4 1/2 months pregnant! As if it wasn't obvious with the bump on her belly!

It was truly a great blessing for her and her partner, Ronnie. Thea is also Ronnie's first baby girl (he has 2 sons from a previous relationship).

Next in line was Ishke Mikalah Malazarte. Mi-Yu, as she is fondly called, was born to one of my Closest Friends, Iris Malazarte, on July 29 at 7:45 PM. Iris is just 19 years old, but she is a fiercely independent woman.

Mi-Yu is also a very special baby. Besides being the first born of Iris, she is actually giving her mother the will to live and be strong. I wouldn't go into the details of Iris' dilemma, but she has been through a lot. And thank goodness! Mi-Yu is a beautiful, fair-skinned baby, in contrast to Iris' morena complexion! Joke!

Last, but certainly not the least... The MOST Special Little Princess (at least for my family), was born on August 8, via Ceasarean Section, to my cousin, Ate Mhin, and her husband, Ernest. YES... I have a new niece! Her name is Anna Luisa Corpin-Madriaga. She's the baby sister of my very handsome nephew, Jude Matthew.

It just seems like yesterday, when Ate Mhin gave birth to Matthew. Now, he's a year and 2 Months old, and is already a big brother! Wow! Time does fly fast.

The Corpin-Madriaga brood just got back from La Union last Friday, and I can't wait to see my new niece, and my booey, Matthew, who I heard now walks on his own! I might just visit them tomorrow after work. I will post pictures as soon as I have them.

Anyway, I just wanted to welcome these 3 Beautiful Princesses to this Cool and Crazy World that we live in. And I just wish that they would make the most of their lives and be the special little angels they are to their respective parents.

No comments: