Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Radio Idol

After being off work for a week, I'm back in the office. I came back just last Friday evening. I was supposed to come back last Thursday night, but because of the heavy rains that flooded our village's streets, I couldn't get to work. So, I had to extend my Vacation Leave.

I did a lot of things during my Leave, but there are only a very few highlights to my week-long hiatus. Some of which I have already posted up here. But what I didn't share was what I did after the Dermatologist appointment!

After my Mom and I went to the Dermatologist on the day before my Birthday, I dropped myself off in Ortigas Center to audition for Radio Idol of Monster Radio RX 93.1. For those who don't know what Radio Idol is, it's the DJ Search of the hottest Radio Station in Manila, RX 93.1.

It was the last day of auditions, and I wanted to try it out, just for kicks. I was a lot apprehensive at first, but with some encouragement from my good friend, Eric, I went ahead.

Although I looked cool and composed on the outside, I was shaking like a Magnitude 7.8 earthquake on the inside. I was THAT scared!

Anyway, there were only 4 people auditioning ahead of me, so all the butterflies in my tummy started to flutter furiously. To alleviate my nervousness, I spoke with my fellow auditionee to pass the time.

When my time came, I wanted to faint! The guy who facilitated my Audition was the RX DJ, Rico Robles. He's just soooo H-O-T! He's definitely my type. And this made me more nervous! Jeeze!

The audition was more like an interview that was recorded. I was asked to introduce myself, where I came from, why I auditioned, etc. Then, Rico asked me to read a whole paragraph filled with tongue twisters! The paragraph was indecipherable! As in, It did not make any sense at all! It was so funny.

I left the audition relieved that I got it over with. And I was still alive and in one piece!

Nobody knew I went to the auditions. Only 2 people knew. My Mom and Eric. I didn't want anybody to know 'coz I felt embarrassed. Hehe!

Last Friday, September 16, a week after I auditioned, the station played my audition thing, along with 25 other auditionees. Although I didn't make the cut for the next stage, I felt relieved nonetheless. I didn't expect to get in anyways! At least, I can say that I tried! Lol!

That morning, before the auditions were played, my cousin, Aissa, found out that I auditioned, through another cousin who heard my name being announced on the radio as one of the auditionees. She totally flipped out when she learned that I auditioned! She listened to my audition, and we both laughed at the outcome ("Not Worthy!!!")! Hehehe! She did say, however, that I sounded quite nice on the radio.

Well, there's still a next year! Lol! Maybe I could muster up more courage to bring out my innate perkiness! Hahaha!

I am Elaine, and I want to be the Next Radio Idol!!!

1 comment:

duke said...

hahahaha not bad at all :)